The on-going, first-hand tale of a journey through medical oncology... and what happens after.

Thursday, August 15, 2013

How not to say the wrong thing...

I usually steer clear of re-posts, but this one is too good to pass up.

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/apr/07/opinion/la-oe-0407-silk-ring-theory-20130407

I hope that I can remember the "comfort in, dump out" mantra whenever I am in a position to: (a) not be at the center of the attention,  and (b) interact with my many survivor-friends. It is so easy to forget that we are fragile humans, but we are especially fragile when an unexpected illness takes over the world that we know.

Namaste.

1 comment:

Green Monkey said...

Hi Ed, that was a great article and it was helpful for my friends and family to read. Glad to read you are doing well.